Set up a cluster and add Karpenter
To get started with Karpenter, the Getting Started with Karpenter guide provides an end-to-end procedure for creating a cluster (with
eksctl) and adding Karpenter.
If you prefer, the following instructions use Terraform to create a cluster and add Karpenter:
- Amazon EKS Blueprints for Terraform: Follow a basic Getting Started guide and also add modules and add-ons. This includes a Karpenter add-on that lets you bypass the instructions in this guide for setting up Karpenter.
Although not supported, you could also try Karpenter on other Kubernetes distributions running on AWS. For example:
- kOps: These instructions describe how to create a kOps Kubernetes cluster in AWS that includes Karpenter.
Learn more about Karpenter and how to get started below.
- Karpenter EKS Best Practices guide
- EC2 Spot Workshop for Karpenter
- EKS Karpenter Workshop
- Advanced EKS Immersion Karpenter Workshop
- Karpenter Blueprints
- Tutorial: Run Kubernetes Clusters for Less with Amazon EC2 Spot and Karpenter
Migrate to Karpenter from Cluster Autoscaler